In het kort
Who: A senior impact consultant with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in research, monitoring and evaluation
What: Supporting a broad portfolio of international (development) organisations in their impact management and measurement. Thematic focus on several of the following themes: human rights, inclusion, civic space, sustainable trade, value chains, health and wellbeing.
Where: based in Amsterdam, but clients throughout the Netherlands and abroad (working online and occasional travel)
• Your role is to advise clients in finding the approach and solution that best fits their strategic goals and organization. In addition, you shape impact measurements and support organizations with process guidance and training to continuously steer on impact. Both internally and towards clients, you are a solid and substantive discussion and sparring partner who provides useful, practical solutions.
• You stay up to date with developments and innovations in the sector, as the field around impact management is constantly evolving. In addition, you maintain relationships and write proposals for future assignments.
• Assignments are diverse, you can develop yourself in a broad sense. For example, you could train and accompany a large development organization and its partners in Asia and Africa to work in an impact-driven way, develop participatory monitoring instruments to measure progress indicators or conduct an impact evaluation for a completed project in the garment industry. Although the focus of this position is mainly on assignments for international development organizations, we also offer the opportunity to work on assignments for companies, impact investors, multilateral organizations and others.
• Within the organisation, you will think along about innovative methods and the further development of our services in line with the demand of clients in the international sector. We also look at interesting crossovers or collaborations with other teams and consultancy branches of the company, including specialists in the field of biodiversity or impact finance.
We are looking for
We are looking for a colleague with 5 to 7 years of hands-on work experience in hands-on research, monitoring and evaluation, and consulting within development cooperation: you know the dynamics and complexity in which international development organizations measure and manage their impact. As Senior Impact Consultant, you work closely with our clients to help them make their impact visible and as large as possible.
• University degree in a relevant field such as anthropology, sociology, development studies, social sciences, economics or public administration
• You have 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in monitoring, evaluation and research in the international development sector (design and implementation of -mixed methods- research, evaluations, MEL systems and strategy)
• You are experienced in one or more of the following themes: human rights, sustainable trade, value chains, civil society development. Additional expertise in other themes is welcome;
• You have good project management skills and enjoy working on multiple assignments simultaneously;
• You are experienced in applying various qualitative and quantitative methods. You are interested in using participatory methods appropriate to the complexity of the work;
• Quantitative research skills and experience with dashboards is a plus;
• You have excellent command of the English language. Knowledge of Dutch, French, Spanish or other languages is a plus.
This is you
• You have good project management skills and enjoy working on multiple assignments simultaneously
• You are able to build and expand relationships; you think along with the client and can think of creative solutions
• You are good at listening, asking questions and switching between different levels: from practical (looking for indicators, developing tools), to conceptual (developing theories of change, advising on research)
• You have strong verbal skills, are confident standing in front of an audience, facilitating sessions and meetings and you like to share your opinion or vision
• You are able to put complex results clearly and attractively on paper
• You enjoy working with others and seek collaboration
• You are driven and want to continue to develop yourself in your field
Do you recognize yourself in the points above and do you get excited about this position? We would like to hear from you! Please contact Demi van der Zwet (Recruiter) via 088 676 9228 of email@example.com.
We particularly welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds (e.g. ethnicity, gender identity, disability, or any other factor) to join our team. As an organization, we believe that diversity is a critical component of our success. We understand that different perspectives, ideas, and experiences enhance our ability to innovate, solve problems, and create a positive impact.